Mission Statement for the law firm: LKG LAW P.A. is an advocate for protecting the legal rights and financial resources of senior citizens, people with disabilities, and their families in order to obtain long-term care services. We view estate planning as an extremely personal process. We take the time to understand our clients’ individual needs, concerns, and goals by providing quality legal advice with a personal hands on approach. Together we can make the third-third of your life as stress free as possible.
Known as the “Lawyer with a Heart,” Lisa Goldstein not only prepares legal documents on behalf of her clients, but she also guides them and their families through the third third of their lives, successfully navigating those unchartered moments when people confront profound lifestyle changes.
Ms. Goldstein practices in the areas of elder law, retirement and estate planning, Public Benefits (Medicaid and Veterans’ Benefits) for elders and the disabled, guardianships, will and trusts as well as trust and probate administration.
As a sole practitioner and accredited VA Attorney in West Palm Beach, Ms. Goldstein understands that many of her clients have limited mobility or difficulty acclimating to a new surrounding so she has made it her practice to make house calls.
Ms. Goldstein received her B.A. degree in International Studies from the American University, Washington, DC and her J.D. degree from the University of Baltimore School of Law. After law school, she was appointed an assistant state attorney under the Honorable Michael J. Satz in Broward County, Florida and then clerked for the Honorable Alcee Hastings while he was a United States District Court Judge. Serving for a brief stint as a General Master for the 17th Judicial Circuit in Florida, Lisa was appointed by the Honorable Miette Burnstein to become the first Public Guardian in Broward County’s history.
In April, 1992, began her private practice, devoting her attention to the legal needs of seniors and the disabled. Ms. Goldstein is board member of CILO (Center for Independent Living Options). She also serves as the current membership chair of the Florida State Guardianship Association Treasure Coast Chapter. She has been a past board member of the Urban League and Jewish Family Services in Broward County, Florida. She was appointed to serve on the Guardianship Oversight Commission by the late Governor Chiles. Ms. Goldstein is a member of The Florida Bar and a past chair, Guardianship Committee of the Elder Law Section. Lisa is a noted speaker throughout Florida where she lectures on Mediciad and Veterans Benefits Planning. Lisa is also the author of two eBooks.
Experience and Community Commitment
Since graduating from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 1975, Lisa Goldstein has lived and practiced in South Florida:
- Worked as an Assistant State Attorney under Michael J. Satz
- Clerked for the Honorable Alcee Hastings when he was a United States District Court Judge
- Appointed by the Honorable Miette Burnstein to become the first Public Guardian in Broward County
- Began her private practice in 1992, devoted to the legal needs of seniors and the disabled
- Served as a Board Member of the Florida State Guardianship Association
- Served as a Board Member of Jewish Family Services
- Appointed to serve on the Guardianship Oversight Commission by Governor Lawton Chiles
- Active in the Florida Bar Elder Law Section, chairing the Guardianship and Legislative Committees
- Involved in the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member of numerous civic charitable and philanthropic groups
Education and Professional Associations
- Graduate, University of Baltimore School of Law
- Over 25 years of experience as an attorney in Florida
- Broward County’s First Public Guardian, appointed in 1986, dedicated to serving indigent incapacitated persons as their guardian when there is no family or friends able to assist
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Florida Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- National Care Planning Council, Member
- Coalition for Independent Living Options, Inc., Member